For today’s post I wanted to create a short stop motion animation. Once again I underestimated the amount of time it would take ma to actually create it. So I settled on creating a picture comic for you. I had some writers block so my wife was kind enough to think up a short story, I took it from there.
This is my first attempt at something like this so I’m considering this a learning experience. I’m guessing there is a lot of room for improvement.
Even though it is a single page comic, it took quite some work. I shot over 40 images thinking I had the entire story covered. That is excluding the last image because I wanted that in a different setting. Once I started compiling the images for the story I noticed something about the images. Most of the images were showing the setting I wanted in the comic. But I did not take enough time to check the actual angles I wanted in the comic. This is something I could probably have avoided if I would have created a storyboard first.
Lesson learned, create a story board.
Upon closer inspection of the images I notices some of them were out of focus, or had parts of the image out of focus. In some cases they were the parts I wanted to use in the comic.
Lesson learned, Take more time taking the pictures and checking the result on site. Having a storyboard will definitely help with this.
Below is the result, feel free to give me tips, pointers or ideas.